10 (random) Questions with Sandy

I know, I know, it's not Fracture Free Friday yet so why am I answering questions?! Over the past couple of months I have gotten questions that I have really wanted to answer but they either: 1. Have nothing to do with O.I./fractures or 2. I could answer these questions in 5 words or less (can't make much of a blog post). But nonetheless these questions are important!!

1. What type of wheelchair do you use?
Manual: Quickie2  Power: Permobil C300 (love them both!)

2. Which bone do you fracture most often?
Femur (L & R)

3. What's your favorite color?
Blue. And my casts are always blue! Seriously, my ortho doesn't even bother to ask me what color I want for my cast anymore.

4. What's your favorite book? Authors?
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. Authors: Irving, Murakami, Roald Dahl, J.S. Foer, Camus, Michael Chabon, Arundhati Roy, Jhumpa Lahiri, Neil Gaiman... could go on for awhile..

5. Have you ever dated someone else with O.I.?
Nope! ::cue the awkward silence::

6. Favorite accessible equipment?
I attended the 2009 Inauguration and stayed with a friend for a week in D.C. The apartment he lived in with his dad had this 6inch bump so we walked to Home Depot and bought a plank of wood and some spray paint....Every time I left the apartment I got to tell him "LOWER THE DRAWBRIDGE!" Dude, it's a hemp leaf decorated "drawbridge" who wouldn't dig that?! 



7. What's your favorite quote?
I have two of them:
"Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it's unbelievable..." - Matilda, Roald Dahl (taken from my favorite childhood book) 


"You can't 'what if' your life away Sandy.." - my friend M



8. What's the one thing that drives you most insane about the way people treat you?
There will be plenty of times when I'm minding my own business and power wheelchair-ing down the sidewalk in the city (going at a SLOW pace, in NO hurry at all) when everyone 3ft around me will move to the side or jump out of the way. As I approach people will pull their friends in closer to their circle, or parents will tug at their child's hand to get them closer.. all of this despite the usually WIDE open space that's available.  Chill dude, you're fine you didn't need to move. I'm not going to bite. This wheelchair does not zap people if they get too close. Just calm the hell down! It makes me feel like I have some nasty contagious disease and everyone is repelled or terrified by my mere presence. 


9. What do you want to do when you're older? 
Rule the world. Also, not fracture anymore.

10. Will you write a book someday?
Shhhh... don't ask that question so loudly! Secrets up my sleeves people, secrets! Hint: it's important to get on my good side   ;-)




  

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2011 Perfectly Imperfecta. Powered by Blogger.

Search