Top 5 Books for Kids

I'm going to take a slight detour from usual blog content today and talk about one of my passions: reading. We all have our escapes and for me it has always been fiction, novels, and characters I wish I could befriend in real life. Growing-up I was a voracious reader and many of those characters I met waaay back in the day I still keep close to me today; they're the ones who first helped me realize everything is possible! Here are a list of my top 5 books for kids:


Matilda - Roald Dahl
Matilda - Roald Dahl.  “Matilda said, "Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it's unbelievable...”

The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster.  "What you can do is often a matter of what you will do." 

Harriet the Spy - Louise Fitzhugh.  “[Harriet] hated math. She hated math with every bone in her body. She spent so much time hating it that she never had time to do it.” 

Mr. Popper's Penguins - Richard Atwater. "Now a penguin may look very strange in a living room but a living room looks very strange to a penguin."

The Cricket in Times Square - George Selden. "Talent is something rare and beautiful and precious, and it must not go to waste." 

What are some of YOUR childhood favorites? Let's get a list of recommendations going in the comments section! 

Posted in , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2011 Perfectly Imperfecta. Powered by Blogger.

Search