What am I Thinking?

There are a handful of sayings I get told a lot that I rarely verbalize a response. Mostly because I am afraid it will sound rude, and partly because I'm not sure if it's inappropriate. I am also still trying to figure out that fine line between other people's ignorance vs. their way of caring. The last thing that I would want to do is to dash off someone's attempt to care despite the fact that it may come off as ignorant.

Anyway, here we go:

Them: I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if I were you.
My Thoughts: Well, after that comment I wouldn't even call myself a human being if I were you!


Them: You are such an inspiration to be able to do all that you do.
My Thoughts: Not really, I'm just willing to work and try a little harder. And more than willing to fail. (<-- that's a secret between you and me)


Them: Aww sweetie, are you okay? Oh you poor thing.
My Thoughts: I'm fine, but you should get your head checked out. I'm not a lost puppy in the rain.


Them: It must be so frustrating for you to have to deal with this.
My Thoughts: To deal with your assumptions? Yes. To deal with my life? On the rare occasion. I mean, I've made it this far haven't I?



Them: I can't imagine having to face the things you must face everyday.
My Thoughts: I can't imagine having such a narrow perspective. But anyway, aren't we all living beneath the same sky?


Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2011 Perfectly Imperfecta. Powered by Blogger.

Search