Top 4 Things I'd Rid the World Of:

Sometimes I wish I could just make all of the barriers in our lives vanish. Maybe just for a day, just to see what it would be like. Oddly enough - if I were ever actually given that opportunity, I think I would hesitate to act on it. It's a scary thought if you really think about it. What would life be like if we didn't have to try? If there was nothing standing in our way to achieving what we want, what would we do?

Anyway, if I had a choice of getting rid of four obstacles in the world here is what they would be:

1. War. I wish that lives wouldn't have to be lost or put in danger because we want to protect, defend, prove, or acquire something. Note that I'm not saying I'd like to get rid of conflict, because in many ways I think conflict makes the world go round. But the fact remains, I wish people didn't have to die over conflicts that - most of the time - I believe could have been prevented.

2. Prejudice. If we could all act a little more honestly, and without assumptions of one another - I am certain we could also get rid of other restraints. For instance, without prejudice people would fear one another less. Without prejudice there would be far less hate and needless cruelty. But most of all, without prejudice, everyone could have a more equal chance at success the second they are born.

3. Slavery. I'm not about to go on a rant about the multitude of ways and the frequency in which slavery still happens. A simple google search will give you all of the numbers and more information than you could ever want to know about this. I do wish that I could make the idea of one human being owning another evaporate with a snap of my fingers. It's the sad truth that for many of those who are enslaved today - their first step to freedom is realizing they are slaves to begin with. No human being should ever have to realize that.

4. Despair. If I could squash that feeling of hopelessness for everyone, I'd do it in a blink. No questions asked. I don't care about the situation, the outcome, the consequences, the reasons -- I just want everyone to know what hope feels like and to believe in it. For me, that's all it comes down to.

Your turn: Tell me the 4 things you would get rid of in the comments!

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2011 Perfectly Imperfecta. Powered by Blogger.

Search